NIRMAN BLOG SECTION

Hi, today's blog is written by our guest Andrea...

A journey from Michigan to Varanasi

My name is Andrea Godoshian. I am a 22 year old Music Therapy major at Eastern Michigan University. I have come to Banaras to study table and share my knowledge of Western pop music. I have been drumming for 10 ten years, and I have been teaching private and group lessons for the last 4 years. Recently, I was awarded two scholarships from the college of Arts & Sciences, an opportunity to present at EMU’s undergraduate symposium and featured roles with the EMU percussion ensemble. I have also performed in World class drumlins and the Ann Arbor Art Fair.
I have spent two weeks in Banaras thus far, and I love it! There is a lot of life in this city, and almost everyone treats me like family my guruji, Pt. Kuber Nath Mishra, is one of the best teachers I have ever had. He is very nice, but also keeps me busy with plenty of compositions. The teachers  I have at NIRMAN also feel like family. They always make themselves available when I need assistance and they always check if I am okay. I am very excited to see what these few weeks bring, because there is never a dull moment in the city! I feel very blessed to have had this opportunity. Thank you!

                                                                                                                                                                                                              (Andrea)

Comments

Popular Posts