A strong tree needs strong roots.


                                                         

We always have heard that for a tree to be strong the roots need to be strong. Vidyashram-The Southpoint School is my root. Stepping in the school when I was three years old, I never realized it would be a 14 year long journey in the school with a box full of great memories. The school gave us the opportunity not only to enhance our skills curriculum wise, but we were given ample exposure to various kind of activities. We have done possibly everything one can think of! Understanding the art of theatre to performing the Indian adaptation of ‘Merchant of Venice’ in different cities and schools will always be one fine memory in my life. I still remember our Art camps in the Betawar campus where we learned, had fun and spent time with nature. Interacting with mentors from different parts of the country and world helped in expanding the horizon of our thinking process and perspective.


The teachers have made the school what it is. I am so blessed that I was able to get not one but many mentors throughout my school years. Everyone tells me someday or other, “You have a beautiful handwriting” and all I can remember is learning cursive handwriting from the former Principal (Priya Iyer). It would possibly be hard to name all of them but Priya ma’am, Mitali Ma’am, Irfana ma’am, Tanya ma’am, Mamta ma’am are few teachers who are not only my teachers, but my ‘go to people’ till date, and who inspire me to do better. It is beautiful how the school has not restricted the student-teacher relation only till studies. They help you be a better version every possible way.



After passing from the school, while I was pursing my Bachelor’s degree, I was awarded with the Miss Fresher’s title and later I led the Student Council as the Head. Deep down me, I knew that the confidence to speak, express my opinions, and be creative were a few of the many things that I inculcated from my school. Soon, I will be completing my Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication. I would be starting a new journey altogether, but when I look back, I am glad that I was part of this school. I can never be grateful enough for all that I was handed by this place and I just wish my school keeps rising high!

Love,
Shivani Vishwakarma


Shivani Vishwakarma completed her schooling from Vidyasram- The Southpoint School and passed  with a very high percentage in the year 2015. She is pursuing her Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication from The Maharaja Sayajirao Univeristy of Baroda, Gujarat, and she is currently interning with Ogilvy and Mather, Mumbai.

Comments

Popular Posts